Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Choices

Every day we make choices. Every move we make in life, whether physically or spiritually is composed of choices.

God makes choices, too. The most perplexing, mind-baffling choice He has ever made is the choice to include me in His kingdom. He chose ME! I am so broken, so full of self, so prideful... It blows my mind that He, out of all the people in the world, would chose someone so lowly and undeserving. Yet, He reached down, and scooped me up out of the pit, and adopted me into His family. I am His child. I was once seperated from Him, but He brought me home to Himself. And now, I am whole.

I am perplexed by this fact - Not only did He adopt me as His own, but He chose me (and Kevin) to adopt children. I am not worthy of the calling. I have been chosen to mother two of God's most precious masterpieces... Sena and Eli Simbona. They are precious. They are GIFTS. Yet, He overlooked all my failings and falterings, and He chose ME to be their mother. I am so eternally grateful. I pray that the same Spirit that called me to be their mother will guide me into all wisdom and I strive daily to care for His children in the way He will lead me. I pray that I will be obedient to whatever He has called me to do during this journey of motherhood, whether it is comfortable, whether it comes naturally, whether it required stretching me to a place where I might break.

I pray that this Easter you, too, make the choice to place Jesus first in your life above all else. After all, He chose YOU.

No comments: