Saturday, March 1, 2008

Birthday party for Rachel

Today is Rachel's 5th birthday party. She actually doesn't turn five until Monday the 3rd of March, but we're having her party today with friends and family. We bought her her very own bike with training wheels, and a pair of quad roller skates. She wanted to have a "panda and koala" birthday party, so I ended up having to make her a cake (as I didn't trust the local Wal Mart bakery to do her cake any justice...) It turned out better than I expected! Not bad for a beginner. :)

Rachel was so surprised about her bike. I just loved this picture that my friend Charlotte took when she first saw the bike.



I can't believe my baby is turning five! She was little just yesterday. I keep telling her, "You can't ever get any bigger than four years old!" She just gives me a big smile and says, "I'm gonna, Mommy! I'm going to be five, and then six, and then nine..." Oh, it goes by WAY TOO FAST!

No comments: