Friday, December 21, 2007

Scripture for the day

But you, O Israel, my servant,
Jacob, whom I have chosen,
you descendants of Abraham
my friend.
I took you from the ends of the earth,
from the farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant''
I have chosen you and have
not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my
righteous right hand.
All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you will be as nothing
and perish.
Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.
For I am the Lord, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, 'Do not fear;
I will help you.
Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob,
O little Israel,
for I myself will help you',
declares the Lord,
your Redeemer, the Holy One
of Israel.
- Isaiah 41:8-15

Now, after reading this, you may be thinking that this Scripture is pertinent to those tiny little orphans who are waiting in Ethiopia for their Mommy and Daddy. This is certainly true. But, I propose that this Scripture pertains to Kevin and I as we walk through this adoption journey. The Lord chose us out of all the people in the world to parent these two precious children. This is quite an enormous calling; one that will take a great deal of patience, strength, and gentleness. I am standing on the promises of God that He will equip us to undertake this calling. For NOTHING is impossible with GOD!

No comments: