Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Photos

I got the cameras back from Walgreens. I am so disappointed with the pictures that we got. The two cameras I sent to Ethiopia had 24 exposures on them each, and I only got about 5-6 pictures off of each camera. Most of them were very dark (I am guessing that they didn't know how to use the flash) and I couldn't make out any of the figures very well. There was only one good picture each of Simbona and Sena.

In Sena's pictures, I could see the photo album of our family that we sent along for her. Although it was very dark, there was a picture of her looking through the photo album. The orphanage workers had put her in her little outfit that we had sent her, and I saw another picture with the soft blanket that we had sent for her.

Simbona's camera was basically empty, with a picture of some woman that I didn't know, someone's stomach and the floor, and two blurry pictures of another boy in the orphanage. This is the only picture that I have of him. I'm not sure what he's holding... it's not anything that we sent with him. The kids and I have tried and tried to make it out, to no avail. What do you think it looks like?

I can't wait to see them in person! Sena's hair looks like it has grown, and Simbona's cute and chubby face looks like it is slimming down.




No comments: