Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WE GOT A COURT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, Debbie called me and told me that we got our court date! It is scheduled for March 13th. (For those of you who are unfamiliar with the E. adoption process, the court date is when the children are declared legally ours!) Now, not only is this INCREDIBLE NEWS, but it is also a miracle. From all the Yahoo groups, emails from other adoptive parents, and the forums that I have read, it typically takes at least 3-4 weeks for a court date to be issued after your paperwork is submitted to the Ethiopian court. It was only ONE WEEK after we were submitted to the court that we received our court date! PRAISE THE LORD! I know I've said it before, but He has just made this adoption process to Ethiopia so smooth for us. He has just cleared the path for us to bring these babies home. It is no doubt in my mind that we have been called to adopt these little babies, and that He has orchestrated the entire process by His hand.

Now, (if the court date does not get moved, postponed, or changed for any reason... you know how courts can be) the court hearing will take place on the 13th of March. If there are no missing documents from the babies' files, if the birth mothers are able to appear in court that day, and everything is approved by the courts, the BABIES WILL BE OURS. After that, it is anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks after that that we TRAVEL to bring those babies home. Pray for us that the court process goes smoothly, and that we are able to bring them home as soon as possible. YIPPEEE! (Can you see me jumping up and down right now???) I don't know HOW I'm going to be able to focus on homeschooling today! :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how happy it made me to call you and tell you this news today!!

God bless!
Debbie