Monday, November 26, 2007

Another frustrating day on the adoption front....

Well, today was one of those frustrating days that I would love to do over... First, I had to go to the OK Secretary of State's office to get my dossier certified. I got to the state capitol at about 11:35, and arrived just in time for the person responsible for certifications to be out to lunch. UGH! So, the four kids and I took a tour around the capitol. It was pretty fun, because they had an art gallery open to commemorate our state's 100th birthday. There were some neat works of art for the kids and I to enjoy, and it ate up about 30 minutes of time.

Next, we rode the elevator upstairs, one floor at a time, and explored each floor (quietly). There were some really neat pieces of art throughout the capitol. We went back to the secretary of state's office about an hour later, and they told us that the woman took "a long lunch", and they didn't expect her back for awhile. AHHHGG! Here I am at the State Capitol with four ansy kids who enjoyed just about all they could enjoy of touring it! Finally, about twenty minutes later, we she came back from lunch and I left the documents for her to certify.

Upon arriving home, I saw that CCI had sent me a replacement letter for one of the required documents that they were required to do for my dossier. (The first letter that they sent out had the wrong address for us... That probably wouldn't "fly" in our dossier.) I was astonished to find that this second letter had another error on it! OOOOOHHHHH! The office notary (who is also the CFO of the agency I think) notarized the letter for November 20th, but the letter was dated November 12th. (A no-no... All documents have to be notarized the same date as the letter was dated.) Just another snag on the "getting-my-dossier-DONE-and-over-with" process.

God tells us in His word that "there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecc. 3:1). I think this is my time to chill out and enjoy the wait! :) As the Psalmist David writes, "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God. My times are in your hands. (Ps. 31:14). Sometimes during this process, it is hard to remember that I have to wait on Gods' perfect timing for things to happen. But I know that His timing is MUCH better and MUCH more perfect than my own! So I will sit back and rest in God, knowing that I am waiting on HIS timing for the things to take place for our adoption.

Thank you, Lord God, that you calm my spirit, and lift me up on days like this. You are so merciful and quieting to my soul.

No comments: